So, you’re closing up shop in a few days, done with the year and ready to forget your troubles whiling away the hours on holiday?
If you really want your holiday to be stress free, consider the following important points that could make all the difference.
- Do your clients and staff know what to do when an emergency pops up while you’re away? If not, put the procedures in place now. Clear procedures reduce stress and increase productivity.
- Your year-end VAT and PAYE is calculated and provided for.
- If you are the staff, designate clear times when you’ll be available to assist client’s without spoiling your holiday.
- Crime is unfortunately a reality so ensure your insurance is up to date and provides adequate cover.
- Inform you security providers you’re away, so they can pay special attention if an alarm goes off.
As cheap as flights are becoming, the majority of us will be travelling by road to our holiday destinations. And with our road death toll being what is, you need to ensure:
- Your will is up to date
- Your vehicle has been serviced, is road worthy and insured
- Your medical cover is in place and up to date
Don’t forget, holidays are for relaxing and family fun, so clear your worry list and enjoy your holiday! We know you’ve worked hard, so have fun, you deserve it J
At Phezulu VBO we do more than just assist clients with planning for the holidays, we are your “one stop SME shop”, assisting with everything from Accounting, Business Management, BEE, Consulting, Company Registration to Payroll and Mentoring.
For more information, please visit our website or give us a call on 010 003 8558